February 13, 2005

Dirt Cheap Knowledge

ReadI enjoy composting - it gives me something to do with horse and rabbit poop and gives me an excellent cardio-vascular workout on days when i turn the compost pile. The collection process often gets me walking the property, chatting at the horse and dog. The compost pile serves as the solvent media for my inorganic experimentation and I am close to a process that will demonstrate the hidden truth behind the tale of Jack and the Beanstalk.

ThisIf you wish to spend lots of money getting a first rate education in the composting process, Cornell University has a superb four-year program. This ivy league under-graduate education retails at about $200,000, once you add room and board to tuition. I'd like to offer a composting class at whysey-dotsey, for 5-weeks at $50 per person. For a class size of 25, I'd make a grand. I could afford the time for a thousand bucks. (overhead runs 20% for those math whizzes out there)

PostSo - sign up in the comment section and if we get a critical mass, I will post an on-line course through Howdtside Grammer School that would get a person up and running in home composting. But - it would not be an accredited course - you just get the knowledge, not the parchment - ya dig?

No comments: