April 29, 2005

Rural Service

ReadWalked into a barber shop as the barber is sweeping and he says he needs five more minutes to finish cleaning his shop. I head next door to the coffee shop and sit to wait. Enter a conversation with another patron, and the barber signals me that he is ready. I politely leave the conversation and walk to the barber shop where the barber has a person in the chair and another one waiting and i am third. I go back to do some other shopping and time myself for two haircuts, show up again and another patron is ahead of me. I politely thank the barber and get on with my day. I don't think i will ever do business there - he wasted an hour of my time with indignation, especially when he pointed out his policy of being in the shop to get the haircut, as I was leaving the third and last visit.

No comments: