May 31, 2005

Book Tag

Everybody else is doing it, which is one reason to not do it? But it does sound like a cool idea and it gives us pause to think. I was tagged by the Jim Wilson at Independent County to answer these questions:

# of Books I own: Nearly 10K – I acquire 2-3 books per week.
Last book I bought: The Construction of Modern Science – Richard Westfall.
Last book I read: A Sand County Almanac – Aldo Leopold My weekend camping breeze through book.
Five Books That Mean A Lot to Me:
1. The Nature of the Chemical Bond – Linus Pauling I once spent an hour in leisurely chat with Pauling in my laboratory as a grad student.
2. Consilience – E.O. Wilson The current biological philosophy that puts it all together

3. Atlas Shrugged – Ayn Rand Have read it three times and still fall in love with Dagny Taggert every time. I know John Galt!
4. Lord of the Rings – J.R.R. Tolkien Frodo and company are always welcome in anecdotal form. I enjoy the poetry.
5. The Cardinal in the Kremlin – Tom Clancy Had to note my favorite author – this one is not as well known as the others but the intrigue is to die for.

The last question is to "tag" five other bloggers so that they answer these questions: Must pass on the tag through – however readers are welcome to submit:

No comments: