July 16, 2005

Pathway Changes

ThxAt times in life, i tend to lose my sense of direction and strike forth in a odd path. Yesterday, I deviated on the dunes and took a right rather than a left and carried my backpack around for two hours of sand march. I found a lake which i knew i had never seen, then turned around and found my way back. I needed about 20 more yards from my detour to get the right pathway back to the trailhead. It gave me time to pause and think, what traveling off the beaten path means - a different set of unexpected rewards.
BroToday is River Appreciation Day - the enviro-hippie celebration of life. I can park the crowd thru the morning while journalizing and making greetings, then come home to the honey do list and perhaps convince the fam to rejoin the fray at Whistler's Bend Park in the late afternoon. No expectations, just going to enjoy the day.

No comments: