February 04, 2006

Change

What is the numerically correct amount of change to carry in one's pocket? I typically like to have two quarters, two dimes and three pennies. Nickels are kinda passe', although the new jefferson picture from face on should be different. Pocket change is mostly worthless, unless you deal with meters or toll booths, though it is nice to have in restaurants to give an exact 15% tip. Usually, my change piles up in the cup holder in the car, or in a teddy bear jar the change gets rolled up every year or so and turned into a party supply fund. I just don't understand why all these people run around objecting to change? Change happens.

1 comment:

Vache Folle said...

I always keep $0.00 in pocket change. I put any change I get into piggy banks. I have an EZ Pass electronic toll payer, I use a Speed pass for gas, and my company buys my lunch every day. In small cash transactions, I try to put my coin change in the tip jar. I don't know why; I just don't like coins all that much.