March 14, 2006

What is a law?

Ali - help me here - in the specialization blog, did they really use the terms economic and science together? I understand austrian economics and money, i just would prefer that i didn't have to bother. I understand chemistry and try to apply the chemistry i know to other fields, to assist making those mundane tasks easier/safer/whatever. I've never questioned my own motivations, but hedonism without money seems like a good anarchical place to start.


But i have never thought that the laws that govern economics were any different than the laws that govern science as long as they follow natural law. shouldn't the laws that govern men follow this natural law in spirit, as well as practice? The second law of thermodynamics - for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. seems to me it's time to galt's gulch the world and just quit doing anything except whatever we as individuals wish to do - very little called productive work until dagny arrives on the scene


The first YC.C student that can tell me the literary reference here get a bonus hour.

No comments: