March 24, 2007

Keeper League Draft

With baseball a week away, tonight is the keeper league draft. The 10 team league features five keepers on a sixteen player active roster (6 pitchers) and a six player bench. This is way down from last season, where we had five active outfielders, three utility slots and ten active pitchers. I am just chomping at the bit for baseball season to start. In my youth i rolled stratomatic dice all the time, with channel surfing on a B&W giving me plenty of cubs, braves, mets, phillies and yankee games. Pre-cable. This year i'll try to make time to sit in the bleachers with Steve.

So my keepers for tonight include a. soriano, j. reyes, v. wells, g. atkins, and v. martinez. I also have the first pick in the draft - but the official list of elegible players has not been collated. With only six active pitchers, i may have to grab a couple pitchers early - most of the top talent at the other positions is gone - although Hanley Ramiriez might be very marketable. Peavy, Webb and Nathan are all in the pool. There are also some very good dark horse players - but i will not speculate on who may be there by my second pick of the evening.

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Dr. Lenny,

I read that you're gonna try to be down here late April. My wife is going thru a tough pregnancy and is due July 1. I'll be listening on radio until August. If you're down here during the second half, give me a holler and maybe we can work something out.