April 30, 2007

Barnyard Attitude







In developing relationships to implement survival techniques, my friend Barnyard excells in innovative composts. He has designed his compost beds to work below a 6" layer of soil, where he is growing leeks. The green organic material in the compost is peanut husks - i neglected to inquire about the brown organic. The major fungi growth media was a molassus/'EM' brew. EM would be the equivalent of a compost tea. The solution is kept topped off in any container, because it will produce gasses in the head space and create pressure inside the vessel.

The final product this fall will be vegetables and the byproduct will be spore innoculated, micronutrient rich compost. I will use my raised beds for testing Barnyopost against Boropost - my this year's special brew. I also added Barnyard's concerntrate to the Molybdoboropost that started cooking up last week. Happy planting season.

No comments: