August 18, 2007

Car Problems ... Life Problems

Funny how things work sometimes. Adventure seems to be my middle name, but i don't like that acronym. The transmission on the car quit yesterday, when i was traveling alone on the interstate. The rig just decided it was not going to engage the engine in drive. I was able to get moving in low and once rolling, caught drive, until the next time i stopped. I limped the car into a parking lot by driving in reverse and walked about a mile to a friend's house.

The friend just happens to be in Thailand, marketing audio components. My regular running mates were going to meet me at a destination and will be incommunicado until sunday - so i am blessed with a weekend of unplanned solitude away from the maddenning crowd. i shall use it wisely.

I wonder how the vehicle knew to give up near a place where i could be, rather than in the middle of nowhere - which is where i have been spending most of my time this summer. I have put many miles on this compatriot and was not planning to take it cross-country. In fact, we were supposed to be gone by now, but one thing after another has led to add insult to injury. Things will work howdt, they always do. I'll edit and font change later - this is an older mac and doesn't have the proper fonts available. hoo humm

No comments: