November 10, 2011

An Existence Prayer

Life underscores the good and the bad

Creating novel new situations

As we deal with the reality of fiction

Our observance of the territory sways

At times I question my divinity

At other times I become confident in her aura

The beauty of nature is upon us always

The hand of god guides us as we turn

Sometime I lose the sense of drift

Come clearly focused on the moment of time

But other times I flail with my convictions

Noting that I know nothing, devoid of flow

Flow streams forth to construct endeavor

Happenstance to base the way of life

Understanding that knowledge is a component

Not the means to an end of the game

The game never ends – we sweep along

Selling photographs of memories to ourselves

Images of what we envision, turned our way

Not capable of remorse because we live in it

However letting go and trusting Great Spirit

To follow us and guide us well

Clearing a path that we may tread with others

Dealing away the casualties of the day

My spirit prays that I find love in myself

For all the things that I care about

Concentric circles rotating around distant suns

Guiding me to achieve the best I can

Giving up, I trust in the nature of the world

And will motivate to be all that I can be

With heartfelt solace of the newborn day

Achieving the things I was destined to do

My cup runs over, as I am one with god

As god is one with the spirit in me – amen

© 2008 lemme howdt

No comments: