March 20, 2012

Let me be

There is a major difference between suggesting a path of action and telling somebody to do something. When solicited, opinion is a good thing; if you're not asked, please keep your lips zipped. Nothing ticks me off more than being told what to do. I usually know what to do, but need to ask some questions to make sure that my facts are correct. Just answer, in plain and simple language. The converse is also true - i will not tell you what to do, either.

Watching animal behavior has cued me in on some of this distinction. I get a sharp claw in the arm when it is time for the morning feeding. I get a sharp claw in the leg when it is time for a lap visit. The level of pain is trivial, it does get noticed. My reward is a good purr. The frequency is continually more often.

When the television is on, i feel like i am being told what to do, continually. The commercials are getting more ignorant, and the idea seems to be that i care about them. The news is actually insulting, including most of the opinions which seem to believe in nonsense. I need time to think and there are always pressures to act without delay. The services are all after somebody else's money - that somebiddy is usually me.

If the service is really worthwhile - give it out to us for free. The idea that we must work to earn a living is perpetual nonsense from those who have commoditized life The idea that the government can support us all is also nonsense - just get out of the way. If science builds on other science, but all ideas are protected as intellectual property, then what is there to build upon? The current order is greater than useless, it is contra-life.

Join me in non-cooperation. Do not tell me what to do, i will not tell you what to do. Let it be.

No comments: