April 12, 2009

State of Jefferson

Attended a meeting of the State of Jefferson Saturday morning in Yreka. The political system is cracking and people need to have self-determination without the myriad of rules and regulations. The urban areas of Oregon and California dominate the political system leaving Northern California and Southern Oregon underrepresented. We shall see where it goes - my expertise from the Reform Party in the 1990's may help guide these folks on what not to do. Bylaws issues are counter-productive. We did get some good quotes with the minutes. Enjoy.

The next meeting is May 9th 9:00 am at the Iron Skillet Restaurant, Interstate 5, Exit 24.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
-- John F. Kennedy


"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge
without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice": - Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi


"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy": - James Madison

"They came first for the Communists,
but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
but I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
but I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
And then they came for me,
and, by that time, there was no one left to speak up."


Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group.

No comments: