September 12, 2011

The last shot at unity

I am an agent of the change I wish to see. I am an inorganic biochemist by training and a games theorist by avocation. I am a scribe, you always see me with a notebook. I am a healer, a listener, a poet and a bard. I am a sports fan and a science fiction reader. I am a voice of Gaia, a leader of thinking people.

For several years, I have been in Ashland learning a new element. I spent 20 years in Roseburg, being a forest advocate, teaching people math and science, managing an analytical laboratory, and doing research and development on water purification. I am a local resource on natural resources from biochar to watershed, macroinvertebrates to mushrooms. A few years ago, I had a vision quest since then my path has been a long haul uphill.

This is not the world I grew up in. Donna Reed and the Brady Bunch never were real people. The myth that surrounds us is carefully crafted mind control, that has painted an economic reality that is as stale as a Norman Rockwell magazine cover. We, as people, have to make change. I can give you three quarters, two dimes and a nickel for your dollar - it will not get us anywhere. I have tried several vehicles to do things in Ashland - GlobalAshland (Tuesday 6:30 - Culture Works = potluck) is the latest, hottest model.

My basis is peace and love. We, the local Ashland crowd, know each other well enough to talk the talk, but we haven't come together to walk the walk. Now is the time to localize, to look at everything we have and everything we need and to just do. We have resources, why do they not belong to us? We cannot allow our elected officials to shirk our responsibility for clean drinking water for the profit of a few on some ski runs. If 300 year old trees are the desired outcome, then why clear them for convenience and money? That these trees survived on a weathered mountaintop is remarkable, it is an honor to commune with them. Look at these photos.

We cannot allow the current deranged system to eat us alive. Space based missiles are not defensive - I find them very offensive and i support Dr. Carol Rosin's treaty! We need to act on a global basis, while acting on a local scale. Meryl and Danny have stepped up to lead the Global Ashland food and farm council. Meryl is young, but not young enough to be a leader in my community. We need to listen to our children and allow them to lead with all the support we can muster for them. I welcome a fresh breath of life, of reality for those of us who have only known the television/automobile lifestyle. Neither technology is efficient nor productive. Our Sacred Events Productions can be used to build a new media - combining education and entertainment into hands-on apprenticeships.

Science is the discovery of the unknown. As a scientist, I set up a field, an experiment, to define the conditions and to see how they relate. We are in a world of emerging behaviors - in Ashland we have a different mix of people, with many natural and unnatural resources, The game now is poker, it's the last hand, and we are drawing one card to a four card royal flush. Join me in building an inverted pyramid grass roots structure, where light shines on all people. Help me find a peace where no person is chewed up and spit out for lack of capital, where the banksters are behind bars and the people are self-reliant.




No comments: