April 29, 2005

Pathways

Read.A philosophy is to a person, as a rudder is to a boat. Pathways open and close in direction because at the time, they were the right steps to take. Modern values are askew and the sense of direction, the societal boat rudder, is constantly twisted as pathways wink, open and closed.
This The path i was on has ended and the trail filled me with wonder and awe. i found the time to find myself, to discover the beauty of nature on the Umpqua and to re-learn the pain of youth. But my service is to mankind, not just to youth and so, as Frost's path not taken has now been traveled, i return to the main road refreshed, my heart light, my spirits high and with new knowledge to apply. i will continue to seek applied knowledge and wisdom.
TwiceThe word of the great non-coercives can be summed up from the 4th century Catholic church, what is to be done - change human beings and the times will be changed. However, the only person I can change is myself, by setting an example and being consistent between belief and action. For me, that is to seek truth at all depths, at all breadths, at all times, while providing mental comfort to troubled individuals as they find their new reality by traveling paths in a rapidly changing maze - modern times. As I set this example, then I may change the actions of others, non-coercively, with the power of my ship, holding the values that I share with kindred souls in a mentored learning environment.

i have grown up to I

No comments: