January 09, 2006

What's Up in My Psyche

I wish to start a new school system, which I launched formally last week. I believe that depth built before breadth in worldly knowledge might help youth start eagerly learning again. I have spent the past five years developing the follow through and trying to make the system work in high schools, which led to the pain of direct confrontation with the state over direction of individuals.

Sad, because the adults desire for control and money penalizes the youth’s future. In rural America, kids are beaten by narrow minded adults who compete with bright kids and put them down, while they are in middle school, or even elementary school. I taught into chemistry to community college students – adults who wished to be nurses couldn’t grasp buffers – so the school eliminated the chemistry requirement for nurses. No – can’t work in the system, must create the alternative.
The key is co-learning. My field now is natural resources, but education is needed to do valid research and research is needed to find howdt which facts in our support system are pure BS and which are semi-BS and which are real. Learning to measure objectively without bias is a tough skill to master. When Einstein proposed relativity, people began to see the value of howdtside observation. But since Linus Pauling and Carl Sagan passed away, who has been a voice of science for the public to trust? Bill Nye the science guy?

If you wish to join my quest for proper measurement - you know how to contact me - through this site. Link to YC.C and come along on the adventure. Middle school youth grade level is the initial focus, but High School and 'Normal Person' levels are also ready to go. If you have field expertise already, let me know. Now - time for me to go quest for knowledge, by synthesizing collated information.

No comments: