June 12, 2012

Just people, with things to say

   Post mortem time for traditional media - it is over.  Each different media website has it's own troll method of attempting to hook the reader, but we have no need to pay for their services for deceiving us.  Espn wants me to be an insider, but i write better copy that any of their authors.  Yayhoo wants me to take another survey and The New York Crimes wants me to register.  For what, the draft?
   Top cookie now is oogle, which attempted to switch me into ooglenet when i hit a website that was showing a gif file that will only run in explorer on chrome.  I wonder if microshit paid for that service.  You can always go to the Western Farm Press and get the latest pro-agriculture chemical information - even when Monstrocity does the research.  Hopeless on all accounts.
   So what can you believe?  Start building from the ground up, with information that can be verified by multiple sources.  No matter how much you trust your source, if there is information that is generated only in that source's pathway, watch the threads and verify the information.  Turn out that both the far left and the far right have good websites for complaining against the obvious, so when they agree (like on the pat riot act), you know that something big is in the loop.
   I am not in the big loop, by choice.  That is why you can somewhat trust the material here - i have no reason to not speak my personal truth - i, like Elvis, have left the building, the foundation was not sound.  My counters have been screwed up, because i haven't been on time for a while.  I don't even make appointments because i have no follow up method to say when except intuition and the location of sol against my constant backdrop.
   There are some internal clocks in the new media that help me state my case.  For instance, JHK always posts early Monday morning - which means that most people are starting a new week.  I tried to shift my week to enjoy my tuesdays and wednesdays off ( i worked weekends), but my coworkers wouldn't play along - always having decision making meetings in my prime off-time - a casual means of exclusion - what your don't know first hand ...
   So i think now like a feline or other four-legger and do what has to be done when the call comes up - i plan for things that i know are going to come about, but i do not worry at all about the time frame - i know it is skewed.  Super long periods of time are very short in duration for the participants who are so well engaged, that they don't realize the happenings are.  What i am is what i am; it is not defined by a media or a political persuasion or even a sports event.
   Kudos to George at Urban Survival for attempting to explain mean and median in terms that non math geeks can understand.  Add the concept mode - the most frequent number generated - all those people weighing down the low end of the scale with their one dollar incomes - if the mode is on the extreme, so is the society.
  More kudos to Barb.   Keeping information current when the other players are out to get you is difficult at best and the POV at Farm Wars is necessary to counter the lame stream propaganda.  I don't even have to register at her site to read it - it strikes the chords of what i already know from my business in the business, if y'know what i mean.
   Last kudos to the arch druid, who seems to have completed a cycle on history and is a master of telling the tale - not too long, serial clif-hangers and a comment - followed by the discussion section where he responds.  Nothing like having the person behind the site standing by his words. 
   Welcome to the new free media - just people with things to say.
   Namaste'  doc

No comments: